Titchmarsh History Association
Ten things you might not know about the village
Wednesday 10 July at 7.30pm at The Clubroom
These are just some of the interesting questions we hope to answer.
- What was the castle like, and why was it abandoned? And who was the Bride in the Chest?
- Why was Dudley skulking?
- Where are Pebble Corner and Plum Pudding Hill, and why are they so called?
- Skeletons under the floor. Who were they, and how did they get there?
- Where were the old cottages and the five pubs that we have lost?
- What was life like for the servants at the rectory?
- What was behind the scandals of the headmaster’s wife and the ‘Kissing Burglar?
- What influence did the Lilford family have on the village?
Come along and find out about the good, the bad and the just plain weird.
FREE ENTRY and REFRESHMENTS